March 15, 2017
- Most banks will no longer send monthly statements to the debtors when debtors are in bankruptcy.
- Debtors must call or contact the bank if they want to find out the monthly amount owed.
- Creditors/banks must notify the debtors only if there is a change in the monthly payment.
- Debtor filed a Chapter 13 Plan and added in the Plan that the creditor was to continue with monthly statements to the debtors.
- HSBC objected on the basis that it would be a violation of the automatic stay and create a logistically burden to the bank.
- HSBC stated that adding the clause requiring statements, the Plan was unconfirmable.