New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyer!
"I have never Lost a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case"
"Experience = Results"
Bankruptcy Mediation, What is it?
Bankruptcy Mediation is important for a number of reasons, typically a Bankruptcy Lawyer, or Attorney helps the cases go through smoothly, as they are properly prepared, analyzed, and filed.
However, when there is a dispute related to a debt, an adversary proceeding is filed. There are a multitude of reasons for an adversary proceeding. Despite best efforts, sometimes disputes are unable to be settled. For those cases, a Bankruptcy Mediator is an excellent additive to bring the matter to resolution prior to a Court trial. In fact, Courts Agree.
Examples of adversarial issues:
- The Debtor and or the Bankruptcy Attorney propose that a debt should be dischargeable in bankruptcy but the creditor disagrees, e.g., tax debt, willful damages to a creditor.
- Creditor/Trustee upon looking at transference of assets before the bankruptcy, assert that there were fraudulent transfers.
- Debtor/Attorney files that the creditor violated the automatic stay. A creditor seized property/money when the bankruptcy was in place. Debtor was not given the bankruptcy protection that is in place.
Basic Facts about Bankruptcy Mediation:
- non-binding meeting.
- less costly
- enables a quicker mechanism to resolve disputes.
- limited attendees at the hearing: Bankruptcy Mediator (agreed upon by both parties), interested parties and their lawyers.
- each party is allowed to present their position paper and facts (not shared with the other side) to the Bankruptcy Mediator.
- The Bankruptcy Mediator is given time to review the case before the mediation hearing.
- The parties are brought together and provided possible resolutions.
As a valuable asset to both courts of law, and law firms sometimes an unbiased outside party as a Bankruptcy Mediator is able to resolve a dispute that even the most skilled professionals are not able to resolve.
I have served as a Bankruptcy Mediator and resolved many cases without court intervention. This saves costly legal fees for all parties and moves the case forward.
As a Bankruptcy Mediator, I offer:
- Expert knowledge in private practice specializing in bankruptcy law.
- Board Certification from the American Board of Certification (ABC) in Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- Bankruptcy Mediator training from St. John’s University School of Law
- Ability to work well with diverse dynamics and strive to settle a matter.
- Sound legal knowledge and case interpretations for the parties to consider for resolution.
If you need a competent Bankruptcy Mediator who is not only knowledgeable in bankruptcy law but also works well with diverse situations and personalities, I am here to serve as a Bankruptcy Mediator in New Jersey bankruptcy cases.
I will work to bring your matters to closure through effective Bankruptcy Mediation.