Why Choose A Board Certified Bankruptcy Attorney?
What Does Board Certification Mean?
A lawyer has met rigorous, objective standards and demonstrated qualitative and advanced knowledge in bankruptcy law.
What are the Requirements to Become Board Certified in Bankruptcy Law?
What is the (ABC) American Board of Certification and its Goals?
We recommend you hire a Board Certified Bankruptcy Attorney. Hiring a lawyer with expertise in any specialized field of law can be bewildering. However as a client, you want to be sure your lawyer is experienced in the bankruptcy field of law.
Unfortunately, prospective clients usually have little objective criteria to rely upon. However, one objective criterion is whether a lawyer is a Board Certified Lawyer in the specialized field of bankruptcy.
I specialize in only bankruptcy law, with over 30 years of proven results for my clients and I am Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification (ABC).
Only 1 other lawyer in Northern New Jersey is a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyer.
- In 2015, I became Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law. Every 5 years I must reapply to the Board to obtain recertification.
- In 2019, the Board approved my recertification through June 30, 2024.
- Identify and recognize those Lawyers in consumer or business bankruptcy who met or exceeded rigorous certification standards relating to:
• Professional Experience
• Continuing legal education
• Peer review
• Sophisticated understanding in the specialty of bankruptcy law.
- Provide meaningful information to clients seeking bankruptcy legal services so they can make informed decisions when choosing a bankruptcy lawyer.
- The American Board of Certification (ABC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bankruptcy bar.
- The rigorous ABC certification standards are designed to encourage bankruptcy practitioners to strive toward excellence and to recognize those lawyers who are experts in the bankruptcy field.
- Congress has recognized the value of certification by adding it to the list of Section 330 compensation factors in the bankruptcy law. This Law recognizes that Board certification provides a simple, meaningful and objective measure of skill and expertise in the field of bankruptcy.
- Legislators and courts recognize that successful operation of the bankruptcy system depends upon involvement of professionals with specialized expertise.
- The ABC is co-sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America
I am truly proud to have achieved Board Certification. This achievement demonstrates my commitment to providing professional bankruptcy services and expert advice to clients. Specialization is key in field of law, especially in Bankruptcy.
You look to Board Certified Doctors and you should look to hire a Board Certified Bankruptcy Attorney.
Board Certification makes a difference. I specialize in bankruptcy law and I am here to provide you with expert bankruptcy help and bankruptcy protection.
Call me now for an in-depth Free Bankruptcy Consultation: Ralph A. Ferro Jr., Esq. – (201) 446-5904
Board Certification - The Process and Importance to Me in Representing You:
Becoming a certified bankruptcy lawyer specialist is not an easy chore.
I am committed to providing expert bankruptcy representation to my clients. Not only do I have over 30 years of legal experience in bankruptcy law, but below are some of the requirements I met to achieve Board Certification in Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
- I practiced for at least five (5) years, with no less than 30% of my practice devoted to consumer bankruptcy law.
- I worked no less than four hundred (400) hours per year representing consumer debtors.
- In the three (3) years before applying for certification, I was required to commit to no less than sixty (60) hours of bankruptcy law continuing legal education.
- I submitted references from both opposing counsel and other debtors’ counsel to provide input about me and be familiar with my bankruptcy practice and knowledge of the law.
- Must have substantially participated in 30 adversary proceedings or contested matters.
- I was and am required to have a clean grievance history with professional responsibility of the governing body for all jurisdictions in which I am licensed.
- My application required supporting evidence to demonstrate the requirements for certification, which a committee reviewed to ensure compliance.
- In addition to the above requirements, I was required to pass an in-depth examination.
- That examination is comprised of three (3) parts whi,ch took over 6 (six) hours to complete:
- FirstThe first multiple-choice exam.
- The second portion is the ethics portion, comprisedwhich is of essays.
- The last section is the essay portion to demonstrate my knowledge of substantive bankruptcy law.
- Once the exam was completed, it was graded by the Faculty Committee, which includes a wide variety of academics, judges, trustees, and the like.
- The application process itself took several months to complete.
- Once my application was reviewed, and approved and I successfully passed the examination, I was notified via letter.
- I received a certificate, which I proudly display as one of the elite bankruptcy attorneys serving clients.
Whether you are looking to file:
Look to a Board Certified Bankruptcy Lawyer – It makes the difference for you and your bankruptcy case.