Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy
New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyer!
"I have never Lost a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case"
"Experience = Results"
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is a reorganization in which individuals utilize their income, and pay back a portion, or all of their debts.
- Ralph A. Ferro, Jr., Esq. will develop a plan that has an established timeframe of 5 years or less.
- 1 monthly payment to 1 person (Chapter 13 Trustee) satisfies your debts over the plan period.
- Allows you to reorganize past-due tax debt – STOP IRS liens and levies.
Why File Chapter 13 Bankruptcy instead of Chapter 7?
- You are ineligible for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy due to high income or asset issues or a prior Chapter 7.
- Need to catch up with past due mortgage and/or car payments & want to stay in your home & keep your vehicles
- There is equity in your home and a Chapter 7 would not allow you to keep your home.
- Your income allows you to pay back part of your debts but not all.
Example: You have disposable income of $1,000 per month after your basic living expenses but your minimal monthly credit card payments are $2,500 per month.
In this situation, you have the ability to pay back something to your creditors but not all you owe
Payments for your debts are evaluated upon what you can afford.