Chapter 7 bankruptcy: do you qualify for bankruptcy? As your bankruptcy lawyer, I will advise you as to your qualifications.
Below is an interesting example. You can see how spousal income and expenses affect qualifying for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. As your bankruptcy lawyer, I carefully review your case details.
In this case, smoking is bad for the debtor’s husband’s health. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/index.htm Yet, it is beneficial for the ability of his wife to qualify for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
When a debtor files bankruptcy in New Jersey, household income is taken into consideration. In this particular case, the husband’s smoking habit enables her to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I analyze a great deal of information to prepare your bankruptcy petition.
Background – Analysis for Qualification to file Bankruptcy Ch. 7 Bankruptcy | NJ Bankruptcy Law Firm
- Wife Files Bankruptcy
- Non-Filing spouse’s income is considered for household income
- Non-Filing spouse’s income provided to determine disposable income
- Expenses of a spouse are also taken into account
- Non-filing spouse had a $600 per month smoking habit
- Smoking habit reduced his disposable income
- His smoking was expensive
- Smoking was viewed as an addiction/habit, not just casual smoking
- The cost of the Husband’s smoking habit is not available to pay the wife’s creditors
- If the husband did not have a smoking habit, his wife would not qualify.
- Wife qualified to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
- Her husband did not have enough disposable income to pay her creditors.
There are many factors to evaluate for qualifying for filing Bankruptcy. As a result, a significant amount of analysis is required.
As a bankruptcy lawyer, I do a thorough analysis of your household income and expenses. In this way, when we file, you can be assured of your qualifications. Clients call me and ask me if they qualify. I look at each case to provide a definite response.
Call me today, I am here to help you. I offer a free consultation to see if you qualify for bankruptcy. https://njbankruptcylawfirms.com/board-certified-bankruptcy-attorney/