Having a degree in Psychology helps me understand my clients. As an attorney in private practice, I am always dealing in some way with people, their personalities, emotions and how they are feeling at the time.
I believe it is very important to show compassion and caring for your clients. It is important to listen carefully and understand their needs and most importantly where they are in the process of their financial situation. Not only am I talking about their debts, but also how are they accepting and understanding the process.
Many times, not only are clients facing financial crisis but also are going through drastic changes in their lives. Dramatic changes such as divorce coupled with the bankruptcy are usually hard for anyone to handle. If I did not take the client through the process and know that they can rely on me and reach me when they have questions, more hurt and confusion could result.
My role is to take pressure off the client not contribute to their stress. For this reason,
I am always available on my cell phone and I take my calls even after hours. Clients sometimes forget what I explained to them and they need to ask again. I’m fine with that and want to install confidence in them that they can rely on my promises when they hired me.
Below are my basic promises and my personal philosophy/style for my clients:
I promise to:
• Educate my clients so they feel confident in my abilities to enable my clients
to make better-informed business decisions in areas that may be new to them.
• Listen carefully to my clients and understand their objectives.
My personal philosophy/style:
• Empower my clients to move forward through sound legal advice
• Make myself available to meet client’s schedules
• Provide professional and great customer service to each client
• Offer best legal advice to benefit my clients
• Work with Enthusiasm
• Enjoy what I do and care about people
• Reachable – provide my personal cell phone
I want my clients to understand me as much as I need to understand where they are in the process and their needs.