- Recently my relatives were moving out of state since they cannot afford to live in NJ.
- They filed for bankruptcy and were on their way to a fresh start.
- Most of their personal belongings were packed and moved in a van on their trips to their new location.
- They decided to pay a moving company to take some of the larger items.
- I asked what they considered to be larger items?
- Response: a flat screen TV approximately 42”, pot/pans, vacuum cleaner, area rugs, small desk, larger pictures, large Christmas tree and decorations, outdoor picnic table. All items were over 10 years old.
- The cost to move these items was approximately $2,100.
- Think about leaving these items behind and purchasing new. You probably could buy brand new of all these items and spend less.
- Go on-line and sell these items through social media, Facebook local sales are great and free.
Bankruptcy is a great way to get a fresh start but you need to take a fresh look at all your future financial decisions. I care about my clients’ future financial successes.