- Attorney while going through the metal detector at the Courthouse triggered an alarm.
- He was told by Security to take off his belt, empty his pockets and go through the machine again.
- Attorney reacted by throwing off his belt on the conveyor and hitting a woman in line while he spewed profanity-laced displeasure.
- This was not an isolated incident. On many occasions, the attorney would use profanity aimed at the security officers. His actions were disruptive, abusive and undignified.
- Officers reminded him that they were officers of the Court and his behavior was unbecoming of a member of his profession.
- On one occasion, the security officers had to summon the U.S. Marshall during one of his tirades.
- Although the attorney stated in his defense that he believed that his status meant he should not be subject to the courthouse’s strict security procedures, the Court disagreed.
- Court further stated that his utter lack of civility adversely overshadowed his professional position and his fitness to practice law.
- The attorney should have gone through proper channels to express his disagreement with security procedures.
- Attorneys simply cannot turn rogue and take matters into their own hands.
- Court suspended Attorney from practice in the bankruptcy court for 6 months and was barred from entering the courthouse during that time.
Let’s hope this rogue attorney has gotten tame during this 6 months suspension.